Thursday 10 March 2016

Photoshoot


Image A
Images are an important feature of both the digipack and the album advert, so prior to starting my digipack and advert I had a brief photo shoot. These images later will be used on the front cover and back cover of my digipack. The image on the front cover will also be used on the album advert.

All the images were taken in front of a brick wall as I felt that it would be a suitable background. It is plain enough to distract from the main body of the image but has some texture making it more interesting compared to a plain white background. However, for it to look good the framing had to be perfect. For example, in Image A, the photo was taken slightly from the right and therefore, the bricks look slanted and it makes the photo look less professional.

Image B
The person in the photo is the same person in the music video. She is acting as the lead singer of the fake band Oh Daughter. She is the image of the band just like Elena Torna is the image of the band Daughter. Using the same person creates a strong association between all the products, or in this case; my digipack, my advert and my music video. In Image B, the actor is the main body of the photo. The photo is framed around her face - her most identifiable feature. It makes the image look fuller but also helps with the association. This is also shown in Image A, C and D. I felt it was more important to show her face than the rest of her body.
Image C

When I took the photos, I had already known that I would have liked them to be in black and white. Due to this, it did not bother me what the colours were like in the photo. If I were to use colour, I would have muted the colour of the wall, perhaps changing it to grey. The yellow brick does not suit the tone of any of my ancillary text which all uses either black or white or muted colours.

Image D
When it came to choosing the two photos that were going to be used, I chose Image B and D. I felt the two images tied in together better than the other images. They both feature the same pose but from different angles. I thought that the front facing image (Image B) could be used for the front cover of the digipack and the back facing image (Image D) could be used for the back cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment